I've started this planning to "just" do a prop in "current gen" PBR workflow, as I've never really went the whole way before. So i started modeling a glock. Another one... I know. The fact that there's a whole ocean of this gun on artstation alone and someone's proposal to model the full internals, made me go ahead with this.
I could find some reference CAD Data on grabCAD, so i could be "sure" all parts would fit. In the end I had to make a handful of adjustments to make the animation work like it's supposed to but it turned out pretty good i think. Thanks again to a friend of mine who kept pointing the finger until it looked right.
I've used Blender 2.8 to model the gun, Zbrush for detailing and Substance Painter for Texturing. I'll do a few renders using Marmoset and or Blenders Eevee / Cycles before I post this as a project. In the meantime here's a sneak peek of the animation. Here's a small sneak preview of the whole model (still work in progress at that point):
Hopefully I can post a whole project including video / stills soon. Stay tuned!